For more detail - see BOOK DAYS below
Kirkby Stephen and District Angling Association controls some 9 miles of fly fishing on the River Eden with a further 4 miles on the River Belah and Scandal Beck.
River maps are on the Links page.
Kirkby Stephen & DAA control 13 miles of fishing on the Cumbrian Eden upper reaches. Upstream of Kirby Stephen the River Eden runs briskly with fast glides and deep pools with the occassional longer smooth runs. Downstream of Kirby Stephen the river takes its time and flows through beautiful countryside. There is plenty of double bank fly fishing for the wild brown trout which can reach up to 5lbs in weight. However the fish are wild and a very careful approach is necessary if you want to suceed.
Weekly Tickets are available for holiday breaks and are available from the Secretary Mr Colin Edney Tel 017683 42073, and are at a cost of £50.
1. Popular wet & dry flies see below.
2. Rods with floating 5 or 6 weight line
3. Rods 8 foot 6' to 9 foot 6' are the most suitable & will cover the water
4. Thigh waders will cover most of the waters although chest waders are accepted.
5. The trout are wild, no stocking since 2002, therefore a stealthy approach to the river is required
Partridge and Orange
Partridge and Yellow,
Snipe and Purple,
Dark Watchett and
varieties of Black Spiders
Blue Winged Olive
Grey Duster and Sherry Spinner
Quill CDC plume tips
Copper tungsten beaded Pheasant Tail,
Black and hare's ear goldhead,
Olive Nymph and Stonefly Imitations
Salmon & GrilseLast Week: - Largest: lbs
Sea TroutLast Week:
Wild TroutLast Week: