For more detail - see BOOK DAYS below
1 Ghillie, 2 Boats, 1Huts
The owners reserve the right to fish 2 further rods in addition to the 4 let rods.
Tweedhill is the bottom fishery on Tweed and the 2 1/2mile stretch finishes just above Paxton House. Like the other lower beats this stretch of the Tweed was historically a hostile territory. Now the 24 named pools offer excellent fly water with streams, riffles, glides and runs throughout its length.
In low water conditions there is scarcely a better place to be on the entire river system. Being part tidal, fresh fish are brought into the beat twice in every 24 hours and provide magnificent sport.
The ghillie at Tweedhill is Brian "Ginger" Palmer 07770 964107. Brian's enthusiasm and knowledge will make sure rods get the very best from their sport. Make sure you give Brian a call before you visit and he can advise you on the correct equipment to bring.
Please meet the Ghillie at 9am at the main hut. To reach the beat from Berwick cross the Tweed Bridge on the A1 bypass heading north and take the first left turn, which is the B6461, and after about 4 miles you will find the turn to Fishwick on the left.
Please note that the tides may interrupt fishing for short periods on the bottom beat, and to help with this the boundary between the two beats is sometimes adjusted.
Tweedhill Beat Rules whilst Covid19 Restrictions Apply
1. Rods will meet Head Ghillie Brian Palmer at 9am outside the Tweedhill Hut, being respectful of social distancing measures at all times.
2. The hut will not be open or available for any purposes but seating outside can be used. Hand sanitizer is provided outside hut, please use before using seating.
3. The Ghillie will give directions to rods on how to access fishing and how best to fish the relevant water.
4. Travel between pools will be on foot or by anglers own vehicles. Not by Boat to the upper beat.
5. No sharing of tackle except between members of the same household. Rods to assemble their own tackle.
6. In the event of a fish being hooked the Ghillie will give as much assistance as possible bearing in mind social distancing rules.
7. Government advice on Covid19 matters MUST be adhered to at all times.
8. Rods will be offered lifejackets and will confirm that Gyrodactylus measures have been adhered to.
9. Lifejackets will be disinfected by the beat after use.
10. Head Ghillie Brian Palmer can be contacted on 07770 964107 to seek guidance on any matter.
11. A reminder that Tweed Spring Conservation Measures remain in place.
Savills Elm House Cradlehall Business Park Inverness IV2 5GH
Tel: 01463 215133
|Review Type||Score by %||Star rating|
|Banks & Paths||89%||★★★★★|
|Value for money||80%||★★★★|
|Overall (based on 51 reviews)||89%||★★★★★|
Salmon & GrilseLast Week: - Largest: lbs
Sea TroutLast Week:
Wild TroutLast Week: