Company: FishPal, part of SpeedyBooker
Location: Bury St Edmunds (Suffolk) or work from home
Industry: Online Travel Agency (OTA)
Salary: £25,000 - £45,000 OTE
Job Type: Full time
Job Status: Permanent
Job Title: Commercial Manager, FishPal
- FishPal has recently become part of SpeedyBooker, an online travel business located in the centre of Bury St Edmunds. We are now migrating it to the SpeedyBooker platform, relaunching the website, and will then embark on an ambitious growth plan. We are looking for a new team member to join us on this journey.
- SpeedyBooker, founded in 2007, owns and operates several major travel websites focusing on accommodation but also including visitor attractions, wedding venues and beach huts. In addition to fishpal.com, they include speedybooker.com, universityrooms.com, britainsfinest.co.uk, monasteries.com, and beachhuts.com.
- Our booking engine, internally developed and owned, also powers third party websites which use our technology.
- We are building a property management system (PMS) to provide our properties with additional tools (turbo-pms.com).
- Our mission is to be our customers’ and vendors’ favourite booking platform/PMS, whilst supporting the environment.
- We aim to hire the highest calibre people. Our principles are to:
* - Innovate. Contribute ideas to continually enhance what we do.
* - Work as a team. Be willing to offer help, humble to accept it, be disciplined not to cut corners, be honest, respectful, selfless to seek the best for the company not yourself or your group.
* - Seize the opportunity. Always look to learn and improve, be positive, proactive not reactive, passionate and tenacious to achieve incredible results, use every minute wisely, go the extra mile, and have fun!
- Please see FishPal.com and SpeedyBooker.com for more information.
Role and Responsibilities
This role includes the items below and responsibility for our ambitious growth plans:
- Fishery Support: managing existing UK fisheries/salmon beats, ensuring their website profiles are up to date, they update their availability and prices and assisting them as required.
- Sales: recruiting new fisheries to join FishPal, via telephone and email, you will initially be focussed on recruiting salmon fisheries to our new website, once it is launched later this year.
- Customer support: providing support for customers who email or phone with questions about our service or their bookings.
- Team recruitment and management: build a team of sales and support agents to expand our services internationally and into other forms of fishing.
- Partnerships: manage existing and build new relationships with the fishing sector, river boards and non-governmental bodies.
- Marketing: support for marketing manager, help with drafting newsletters and social media posts.
You will report to the Chief Executive.