For more detail - see BOOK DAYS below
Tillmouth has been one of the top performing Tweed beats in the last few years and Tillmouth's catch was highest on Tweed in 2010 with 1,333 salmon/grilse caught.
22 named pools
Luxury fishing Hut with all facilities.
Anglers attention is specifically drawn to Condition 4 of the Tillmouth Fishings booking conditions and the new COVID-19 rules.
The Tillmouth fishings extend for 4.14 miles of single, English bank, downstream from Coldstream Bridge and has 22 named pools which hold fish from Spring, Summer and Autumn seasons. The Beat extends through an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is sheltered by a series of spectacular river cliffs and wooded banks which provide a haven for wildlife. Otters, kingfishers and peregrines are a common sight by visiting anglers.
For the fisherman the beat offers privacy and seclusion.
Tillmouth enjoys prolific runs of hard fighting fresh salmon throughout the Tweed's ten-month season and its 22 main holding pools offer both good high and low water fishing. Depending upon river levels, most of the pools offer easy wading from accessible banks. For boat fishing Tillmouth has 12 boats spread between all its main pools.
Visiting anglers with their own vehicles will find access to the pools straightfoward. Large parties of people would be advised to have at least one 4x4.
Tillmouth is a 6 rod rotating beat throughout the year. From the end of August to end of October the beat will be fished by the owners. Very occassionally some rods may become available during this period.
During the season, if the 6th rod is not paid for by midday the previous day a boatman for this 6th rod is not guaranteed (however all reasonable endeavours to provide a boatman will be made).
A new fishing hut has been constructed at the the Long Stream, just below Coldstream Bridge, giving easy vehicle access off the A697.
The new hut now forms the focal point for the beat and is the new meeting point for fishing parties and boatmen. The hut has all facilities and will cater for large parties. For further information go to www.tillmouthfishings.co.uk
The owners of Tillmouth are supporters of the Tweed Angling Code and its conservation measures and tenants will be encouraged to follow these guidelines.
For a comprehensive list of places to stay whilst in the Borders visit our Where To Stay
section on FishTweed
COVID 19 - Returning to Fishing
The Tillmouth beat will return to fishing In April
Neighbours on the Scottish side of the river have been contacted to confirm that Tillmouth will be fishing. All have acknowledged.
Given that self-catering and hotel accommodation is at present closed it is anticipated that guests will be relatively local and from England only.
Much of the fishing at Tillmouth is undertaken by boat. Due to social distancing requirements this is not possible at present. Until 30 June 2020 at least fishing will be restricted to bank fishing only. Due to the nature of the beat the rod number will be dropped from 6 to 4 rods. For at least weeks commencing 18 and 25 May 2020 anglers will fish unattended with arrangements as follows:
1. Rods will meet head boatman at 9am outside Bridge Hut, being respectful of social distancing measures at all times.
2. The hut will not be open or available for any purposes.
3. Rods will have been emailed a plan of the beat prior to arrival or at the time of arrival. The boatman will give directions to rods on how to access fishing and how best to fish the relevant water.
4. No sharing of tackle except between members of the same household.
5. Government advice on Covid19 matters MUST be adhered to at all times.
6. Rods will be offered lifejackets and will confirm that Gyrodactylus measures have been adhered to.
7. Head Boatman Willie Elliot can be contacted on 07815808268 to seek guidance on any matter.
8. All catches of migratory fish to be reported to Willie Elliot by 5.30pm on day of fishing.
9. A reminder that Tweed Rules and Spring Conservation Measures remain in place.
|Review Type||Score by %||Star rating|
|Banks & Paths||83%||★★★★|
|Value for money||74%||★★★★|
|Overall (based on 41 reviews)||85%||★★★★|
Salmon & GrilseLast Week: - Largest: lbs
Sea TroutLast Week:
Wild TroutLast Week: