The permit is for fishing + accommodation to be taken as a full week x 4 rods.
FISHING RULES AND CONDITIONS
1) The fishing is let for 4 rods. Rods may be shared in special circumstances (e.g. between father and son) but there should be no more than 4 rods fishing the Delagyle beat at any one time. Rods should not be fished in shifts.
2) There should be no more than 2 rods fishing each pool at any one time. On Delene there should be only 1 rod fishing at any one time.
3) Fishing is primarily by fly. At certain water heights rods may resort to spinning having first fishing the water by fly. SEE NEW SPINNING RULES BELOW. One set of barbless hooks recommended.
4) Worming will be allowed in spate conditions after March, but prawning/shrimping is prohibited at all times.
5) All foul-hooked, gravid hen fish and kelts should be returned to the river.
6) Tenants should inform the ghillie if they wish to fish outwith normal fishing hours (9 am - 5 pm). No fishing is permitted between 12 midnight and 8 am except in extreme weather/water conditions when fishing may be allowed at the discretion of the ghillie. There is no Sunday fishing. Tenants are encouraged to rest the water during their lunch hour.
7) Every courtesy must be shown to fishermen on the opposite bank. Tenants should enter a pool above a rod fishing off the opposite bank and should fish on down the pool at a reasonable pace. – Proper fishing etiquette must be observed.
8) Tenants will be entitled to keep (but not sell) fish caught on the beat subject to the provisions of the Spey Fishery Boards Catch and Release Policy. Tenants should properly record all fish so caught in the record book which is retained by the ghillie.
9) Tenants’ cars will be parked in such a way so as not to restrict or block the access roads.
10) The country code will be observed at all times and no fires should be lit and no litter will be left in or around the fishing hut or along the river bank. Dogs are not encouraged but should be kept under strict control if present.
11) There will be no sub-letting of rods.
SPINNING RULES (REVISED 2016)
1) A new water gauge has been put in below the large rock on the river bank at Pol Ma Cree. Please observe the spinning height marker. The new spinning height is 12 inches.
2) At Delene, when the white marker on the wall is showing no spinning is permitted.
3) Spinning at the appropriate water level (as above) will be restricted to certain pools, namely Dalbreck, the wall at Delene (also known as the Willows), Pol Ma Cree and the Gean Tree. No spinning is allowed on the Delagyle Pool, the upper half of Delene and the Broc.