1. Heslyside Fishings is divided into five indivdual beats, these conditions apply to the Hesleyside beat
2. Hesleyside beat accommodates three rods, and tenants are responsible for ensuring that this number is not exceeded at any time.
3. Tenants are responsible for ensuring that they and their guests are familiar with the upper and lower limits of the Hesleyside Beat and will at no time fish beyond those limits.
4. Fishing is to be any legal means though spinning is discouraged in periods of prolonged low water
5. Tenants and their guests must fish in a responsible and sportsmanlike manner at all times.
6. All salmon caught prior to 16 June in any year must be released.
7. Salmon and sea trout parr, gravid fish and kelts must be returned.
8. All foul hooked fish must be returned to the river.
9. All fish caught by rod and line by authorised persons remain the property of the tenant if not released.
10. The tenant shall ensure that all fish caught (whether returned to the river or otherwise) are reported to the Estate at the end of fishing, failure to do so may result in future fishing being refused.
11. Rods may not be shared other than with members of the fishing parties' direct family.
12. Dogs may not accompany rods.
13. Tenants and their guests will cooperate in the prevention of poaching, and are requested to report immediately to the owner, or any police officer, any fishing by unauthorised persons.
14. Wading sticks must always be used. It is recommended that an A.B.S. approved floatation jacket (or similar) should be worn.
15. Cars may only be parked in designated car parking areas.
16. All rods are required to hold suitable third party insurance cover to indemnify them in the event of any competent claim being made against them during their period of fishing.
17. All rods must obtain and carry a valid Environment Agency Licence. These may either be obtained from a Post Office or online off the post office website.
18. All rods should observe the Country Code at all times; no fires shall be lit, no litter shall be left in or around the fishing huts or on river banks, and all gates shall be closed and locked (as applicable).
19. Tenants and their guests will not permit any damage to fences, fields, crops, river banks or any other part of the Estate, and will make good and pay compensation for all such damage which they may so cause or permit.
20. All rods exercise their rights to fish entirely at their own risk, and acknowledge that neither the Estate, their servants, agents or employees will be liable for any loss or damage occasioned by or to the tenants or their guests or his/their property.
21. These rules may be changed or added to by the Estate at any time.