About The Rivers
- Not to be confused with the East Coast Carron which flows into the Kyle of Sutherland, the West Coast Carron flows into Loch Carron which is situated just to the north of Kyle of Lochalsh.
Ewe & Loch Maree
- This is one of the largest catchments on the West Coast. The river Ewe flows out of the 12 mile long Loch Maree once a famed sea trout loch.
Gruinard & Little Gruinard
- Two classic spate rivers both draining into Gruinard Bay to the west of Ullapool.
Awe, Loch Awe & Orchy
- The river Awe flows out of Loch Awe, one of Scotland's largest freshwater lochs, into Loch Etive just north of Oban. The loch itself is well known for its trout and pike fishing and many of its salmon run up the Orchy.
- One of the most productive rivers on the West Coast, the River Lochy drains much of the southwestern part of the Great Glen, flowing into Loch Linnhe next to Fort William
Other rivers in this area
- These include: Aline, Creran and Shiel.