-Please refers to Meikleour Trust Isla
Syndicate Terms and conditions
-Non transferable syndicate Day Season Ticket only -Season Photo permit provided by Meikleour Estate -Adherence to the Tay District Salmon Fisheries Board
1. To help prevent an outbreak of Gyrodactylus Salaris which has had catastrophic effects on some foreign rivers, all rods fishing must complete a Gyrodactylus declaration on arrival at the fishery. This states that either you have not used your fishing tackle abroad in the last three months, or you have done so and had it properly sterilised, or you have done so and NOT had it sterilised. In the latter case, you must agree to sterilisation taking place before you start fishing, and accept that there may be some delay in getting this organised. A copy of the declaration form can be seen here: this page
2. The season is from 15th January to 15th October inclusive on the Tay and all tributaries, except the Earn and Eden which are 1st February to 31st October.
3. There is no fishing allowed on Sundays.
4. It is illegal to intentionally foulhook fish.
5. No prawns or shrimps can be used at any time.
6. The Tay District Salmon Fisheries Board who are responsible for the management of the fisheries, requests all anglers to abide by a code for the conservation of salmon, especially spring salmon which have become much scarcer in recent years. Anglers are urged to adopt a catch-and-release culture and never to kill any fish which they do not require.
From the start of the Season to 31st May
All fish are to be released.
Anglers should not fish with worms.
From 1st June to 15th October:
All hen fish of any size and all cock fish over 10 pounds should be released.
All coloured and gravid fish should be released.
No more than one clean fish weighing less than 10 pounds should be retained per angler per day.
Anglers should not fish with worms in September or October.
All sea trout should be released throughout the entire season.
Further details and the Tay District Salmon Fisheries Board's conservation recommendations can be viewed at: this page