(Last updated: Monday 25th June)
Last weeks weather forecast missed the mid week rain which pushed the river up a few inches mid week. This coming week is going to warm and dry, Monday and Tuesday might be a little hazy before the full sun
comes in for the rest of the week. Wednesday and Thursday might even reach the mid twenties! The tides are building all week. I feel if you want to catch fish next week dinner will have to be moved to early or
very late, and the afternoons will be better spent sun bathing.
An angler on Laggan beat
In a sport where success can be directly related to the particular weather and water conditions, accurate information, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week is invaluable. By regularly checking our links to the sites listed below anglers can be well informed on how the week's weather pattern is developing.
For the weather please click here
When releasing fish
1. Try to maintain a good pressure on the fish and don't prolong the fight.
2. Keep the fish underwater in the net whilst removing the hook.
3. Support the fish in 2 places when lifting.
4. If alone take a photo of the fish in the net. If lucky enough to have a companion, take a quick photo as you lift the fish from the net and into the water.
5. Allow all the air bubbles to exit through the Gills.
6. Do not let the fish go until it is ready! The first kick does not signify this!
The start of the 2014 salmon season has seen the launch of our free app for smartphones. It includes information from each