(Last updated: Monday 13th August)
There is some rain forecast for the week; in fact, Thursday is the only day of the week that is forecast to remain dry. Having said that the amount of precipitation is virtually insignificant. The tides continue to build till Wednesday morning.
An angler on Laggan beat
In a sport where success can be directly related to the particular weather and water conditions, accurate information, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week is invaluable. By regularly checking our links to the sites listed below anglers can be well informed on how the week's weather pattern is developing.
For the weather please click here
When releasing fish
1. Try to maintain a good pressure on the fish and don't prolong the fight.
2. Keep the fish underwater in the net whilst removing the hook.
3. Support the fish in 2 places when lifting.
4. If alone take a photo of the fish in the net. If lucky enough to have a companion, take a quick photo as you lift the fish from the net and into the water.
5. Allow all the air bubbles to exit through the Gills.
6. Do not let the fish go until it is ready! The first kick does not signify this!
The start of the 2014 salmon season has seen the launch of our free app for smartphones. It includes information from each