1. The day runs from 06.00 until 05.55.
A ghillie may be arranged at extra cost upon request.
Dalswinton fishing rules 2015
1. All sea trout must be returned to the river over 3lb
2. All salmon Caught before 1st June to be returned.
3. All hen salmon to be returned.
4. 1 salmon per rod per day.
Method of fishing rules.
1. Fly fishing at all times, unless water over the 2ft.
2. Spinning is permitted if the river is above 2ft mark.
Barbless hooks must be used and spinning until the end of October.
Nith Conservation Policy 2018.
The Nith District Salmon Fishery Board have considered their Conservation Policy for the 2018 season. The Nith has been assigned Category 1 status with the exception of the continuation of Category 3 status downstream of a line taken from Scar Point on the East bank of the estuary to Airds Point on the West bank of the estuary.
The Board notes the mandatory total catch and release requirement for salmon on all River Systems throughout Scotland to 1st April in any given year.
The Board notes the voluntary total catch and release policy for salmon from 1st April to 31st May on the River Nith system in any given year.
The Board recommends for conservation purposes that wherever possible total catch and release policy be adopted for the whole river system, but taking into account the Category 1 status for the majority of the river system, if salmon are to be taken then no more than two salmon per person per season be taken with a view to achieving in excess of 80% catch and release of salmon for the 2018 season.