This page covers the rivers on the east coast of the far north of Scotland from John O'Groats down to the Cromarty Firth. Rivers are listed from north to south. Click the names for more details on each.
- The largest river on the East side of Caithness, it drains the flow country.
- A well known salmon river and greatly helped by being able to control the outflow of water from its head lochs.
- An excellent spring river flowing through Loch Brora into the sea by the village of Brora.
- Several well known rivers flow into the Kyle of Sutherland estuary including the Carron, Shin, Cassley & Oykel.
- The largest river flowing into the Cromarty Firth. A good salmon river with a number of useful tributaries, although affected by Hydro power generation.
Other rivers in this area
- These include Berridale.