SALMON UP TO 30TH JUNE
• All salmon and grilse to be returned i.e. 100% Catch and Release.
SALMON AFTER 30TH JUNE
• All fish over 30" / 75cm long (about 10lbs) to be released.
• A maximum of one fish (i.e. salmon/grilse under 30"/75cm about 10lbs) per angler per week may be killed.
• Up to a maximum of 6 fish (salmon/grilse under 30"/75cm about 10lbs) may be killed per angler per season in the Cromarty Firth rivers.
• A maximum of one sea trout over 1.5lbs per angler per week may be killed but it would be preferable to kill only smaller fish.
• All coloured fish must be released
• Use barbless hooks
• Do not use treble hooks
• The board is concerned that fish caught by worming may be more difficult to release unharmed. Where worming is permitted only circle hooks may be used
• An angler's first ever fish may be retained if desired
• When releasing fish, try to keep the fish in the water at all times and use knotless mesh landing nets.
FIN CLIPPED FISH
If an angler catches a fish that has had the adipose fin removed, please retain it and inform Simon McKelvey (07887 845648). These fish will have been PIT tagged and the information contained in these tags is important to the operation of our stocking programme. The fish simply needs to be scanned to retrieve the tag number. The angler keeps the fish, will be given a £5 reward and, in due course, the life history of the fish.