New rods: If you have not been to our fishery before, please give our keeper (Clayton Moorhouse) or myself a ring a day or two before your visit to advise of your estimated arrival time so he can either arrange to meet you or find you on the riverbank.
Beat map: Please make sure you have your beat map with you. The beats are signed e.g. SB1 = Salmon Beat 1. If you are at all unsure of the beat boundaries you must ring Clayton our keeper on 07808 494527 or Lyndsey on 023 8081 4389
Parking: You may take your car right up to the beat (except the top of Salmon beat 1) via our private gravel track, or leave your car at the Mill and walk (top salmon beat is c. 2 mile walk). If you do park at the Mill please go through the archway and park on the LEFT as parking on the right is reserved for the office staff.
WC Facilities: There is a portaloo behind the main Fishing Cabin between trout beats 3 & 5 and in the main Fishing Lodge at the entrance to the Fishery.
Fishing Lodge: If you wish to use the Fishing Lodge, at the entrance to the Fishery, there is a combination padlock on the gate: "0780" and the key to the main door is on a hook, or under a cup in the old hatchway to the right of the door. Please make sure the door is locked when no one is in the Fishing Lodge. N.B. The lounge area is for syndicate members only and is locked/alarmed.
First Aid: A First Aid kit is kept in the main Fishing Lodge on the windowsill and our keeper has a kit in his vehicle.
In addition, during normal working hours (Monday – Friday) there is usually a doctor/nurse on hand in one of the offices at the Mill – Farlyn House (Occupational Health Consultants) who have kindly agreed to carry out first aid.
Catch returns: All fish caught must be recorded and a return made to the fishery on the day or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you have an enjoyable days fishing and if you have any questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us.
TERMS, CONDITIONS AND RULES OF LOWER ITCHEN FISHERY LTD
SALMON DAY TICKETS
* Season: 1st March 2015 to 1st October 2015.
* Fishing may not commence before 9.00 a.m. and shall cease at 8 p.m.
* Beats: The salmon fishing is divided into 3 beats the appropriate position of which are shown for illustrative purposes on the beat map plan which follows or can be downloaded from our website www.itchen-fishing.net under "Booking Forms' and "Day Trout and Salmon Booking Form”. Rods must keep strictly to the beat allocated to them and not under any circumstances stray onto other beats.
* Methods of Fishing: No worms to be used, and as per Environment Agency Byelaws.
* All fish to be netted.
* To ensure that salmon fishing continues, the fishery operates a Catch and Release policy for all salmon caught
* Brown trout fishing is restricted to two fish per beat per day. No Grayling to be killed.
* Records: All catches including Sea Trout and Brown Trout must be recorded on the day of capture on a form which will be provided, giving date, number, approx. weight and lure. All catch and return fish should be recorded.
* In order to preserve salmon stocks, in exceptional years during prolonged very hot spells it may be necessary to suspend salmon fishing at 1pm should the water
temperature at 9.00 a.m. that morning be 19oc or above. During such hot spells we suggest you contact the keeper in the morning before setting off to check the water
temperatures and if they are too hot to change your fishing day if wished (subject to availability).
* The Fishing Lodge and Huts are available to all rods and their guests. (There may be occasions when the management require the use of the Lodge but prior notice will be
given in such cases). The Fishing Lodge must be kept locked when not in use.
* Environment Agency Byelaws to be strictly observed at all times. All rods and their guests must hold a current Environment Agency rod licence.
* Dogs are permitted provided that they are kept under strict control at all times. The Company can accept no responsibility for dogs. All persons bringing dogs will be held liable for all damage caused by such dogs.
* The Company cannot be held responsible for any fishing tackle or other property left at the fishery. Cars, with their contents, taken on the fishery are entirely at owners risk and responsibility.
* All beat holders and guests enter upon the river banks, staging, sluices, bridges roadways, buildings and all parts of the property of the Company and fishery entirely at their own risk.
* Gates on the fishery should be left open or closed/locked as found.
* 10mph speed limit on the fishery's roads. There is a height restriction of 7'2" (2.2m) under the archway.
* Weed cutting may take place during the set weed cut dates (dates available on request).
* The Company will not be held responsible for any matters affecting the fishing for circumstances entirely beyond its control.
RODS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SHOWING THESE RULES TO THEIR GUESTS. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY ROD OR GUEST OF A ROD BREAKS THESE RULES. THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE HIS AGREEMENT AND NO REFUND OF ROD FEES WILL BE MADE.