Lower Itchen Fishery
TERMS, CONDITIONS AND RULES OF LOWER ITCHEN FISHERY LTD
FOR WINTER COARSE FISHING DAYS
1. Season: 9th October to 14th March .
2. Fishing may not commence before 8.00 a.m. and shall cease 1 hour after sunset.
3. The fishing to be carried out only on the beats from "Ward's Pool” downwards on the main river and sections of the three carriers, all as highlighted in green and blue on the Fishery Map (which is available under the “How to Book” page for Lower Itchen Fishery. PLEASE make sure you print out a copy to take with you if you are new to the fishery. Anyone found coarse fishing on areas outside those shown on the map beats will be asked to leave the fishery immediately, with no refund of monies paid.
4. No person may sub-let his rod.
5. No spinning , lures livebaiting, wobbling etc is not allowed.
6. Pike fishing is restricted to static dead baits only.
7. Worms, brandlings, shrimp and prawns must not be used at any time.
8. No keep nets unless by prior arrangement with the Fishery.
9. Fish to be “recovered” before returning.
10. Landing nets are to be used. Upon arrival please dip net in the butt located under the motorway to prevent the spread of disease.
11. The use of un-hooking mats is preferred.
12. No fish to be killed. Should anyone be found to be killing fish they will be asked to leave the fishery immediately, with no refund of monies paid.
13. A return of all catches (including salmon and sea trout returned) to be recorded and sent to the Company, preferably by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or a list put in the letterbox under the archway when leaving.
14. No rubbish/litter, line or bait to be left on the riverbank.
15. Environment Agency By-Laws to be strictly observed at all times.
All rods must hold a current Environment Agency rod licence.
16. No dogs allowed.
17. The Company cannot be held responsible for any fishing tackle or other property left at the fishery. Cars, with their contents, taken on the fishery are entirely at owners risk and responsibility.
18. All beat holders and guests enter upon the river banks, staging, sluices, bridges roadways, buildings and all parts of the property of the Company and fishery entirely at their own risk.
19. Gates on the fishery should be left open or closed as found.
20. 10mph speed limit on the fishery's roads. There is a height restriction of 8' 2" (2.45m) under the Motorway bridge.
21. The Company will not be held responsible for any matters affecting the fishing for circumstances entirely beyond its control.
22. Normal winter maintenance and improvements will be carried out during this period. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
IN THE EVENT THAT ANY ROD OR GUEST OF A ROD BREAKS THESE RULES THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE HIS AGREEMENT AND NO REFUND OF ROD FEES WILL BE MADE.